Hi Friends 🙂
Thank you everyone for your kind words yesterday! That email I received was quite a shock. I would have been fine if she had written “We aren’t interesting in blogger reviews, thanks”. That would have been fine – or just ignore me! That would have been fine too. Yes I wish everyone on Earth was healthy and ate delicious, nutrient rich meals. But I’m not going to judge someone’s diet and tell them what to eat. Moving on!
We had a rain/hailstorm cut through MN yesterday:
Yes I threw a penny outside the door and took a picture! Check out that hail!
I’ve been seeing a lot of bloggers write about their September Goals – do you make goals each month? I have in the past but I have gotten away from the habit. Here are a few of mine:
2. Continue to eat well: focus mostly on lean proteins/produce at each meal, with a sprinkle of healthy fats and carbs and a small indulgence here and there 🙂
3. Participate in Tina’s 30 Days of Reflection for Self-Love. I have been loving her series so far and I can’t wait to see the rest of the topics to unfold. I have battled with low self esteem and self image as long as I can remember, and any guidance is appreciated!
4. Read at least 2 non fiction books. I read plenty. Unfortunately, I have only been reading the Sookie Stackhouse books (trash!). Here are my two books that I plan to read:
5. Attend church. I haven’t gone to church in months. I think I have a strong faith in God, but I am missing that weekly dose of worship. I plan on attending church every weekend in September.
6. Clean and organize. You’ve seen my garage. This month it goes away. I’m either donating or selling stuff. I need to get my car back in the garage! This needs to leave:
7. Stay within our budget! Jason and I are in the process of building our savings, and that means not spending a ton of money at Target and Trader Joes. We’ve made our budget and now we just have to stick to it.
I might add a few more goals in there, but that is a good start for me 🙂
Last night I finally tried a small bowl of Gina’s Breakfast Cookie Dough Cereal. It was glorious. I added a few golden raisins and walnuts in there as well:
If you haven’t tried it yet, do it!
What are your goals for September?
What are your plans for Labor Day Weekend?